Fantasy Set in an Alternate Renaissance World
“Wizard against sorcerer. Fae against dragon. Wyre against Rhoghieri.”
In the recently-revived war between wizards and sorcerers, the Enclave wizards enlist the aid of Rhoghieri, wielders of the four base elements who live in Havens. The sorcerers have enslaved wyre, animal shifters who became outcasts when the wizards declared them anathema.
The Faeron, who withdrew when the dragons were defeated and nearly extinguished from the world, have returned to an uneasy alliance with the wizards—for the dragons did not die out centuries ago. Those nearly-mythic creatures are searching for a way to return so they can wreck vengeance on the Faeron and the wizards who exiled them.
The Enclave series
Weave a Wizardry Web ~ available now
Dream a Deadly Dream ~ available now
Sing a Graveyard Song ~ available now
Coming: Dance to Bone-Edged Music (at the rough stage)
and Kindle a Dragon’s Fire (little more than a vague idea)
Wizard Enclave Basic Infocan be found at this link.
The first book in the Enclave series, available exclusively on Amazon
Enclave World & Early Enclave
Stories in the Works
Enclave World: To Wield the Wind published! Click for info.
Early Enclave: Dagger meets Wizard at 10,000 words
Calendar and Times
The months are 32 days, with each week having eight days.
- Deep Winter
- Winter’s End
- First Growth, with the Vernal Equinox on the 24th, which is Knight’s Night (day 88 of the year)
- Best Summer, with the Summer Solstice on the 16th, which is Lady’s Night (the so-called Lady’s Day) (day 176 of the year)
- High Summer
- Leaf-Turn, with the Brumal Equinox on the8th, which is Knave’s Night (day 264 of the year)
- Leaf Gone
- First Winter
8 Moon Phases through a Single Month
- On the 4th = Worm Moon
- On the 8th = Knave Moon (first quarter)
- On the 12th = Horn Moon
- On the 16th = Lady’s Moon. Lady’s Moon, sometimes called Lady’s Night, is the central night of the three for the full moon. The preceding night is Maiden’s Night. The following night is Crone’s Night.
- On the 20th = Womb Moon
- On the 24th = Knight’s Moon (last quarter)
- On the 28th = Saber Moon
- On the 32nd = Dragon Moon (new moon)
8 Days in a Week
- Sunnes (Sun)
- Sturmen (Storm)
- Boltka (Kobolt)
- Orthe (Earth)
- Luftein (Air)
- Vattein (Water)
- Brandt (Fire)
- Moones (Moon)
22 Hours in each Day
- Daggy (dawn) is the 5th Bell
- Sunring (sunrise) is the 6th Bell
- Middag (midday) is the 11th Bell
- Fyraften (sunset, end of day) is the 15th Bell
- Kvaeld is evening (16th Bell)
- Mulm is full dark (17th Bell)
- Tus-morke (after full dark, “lights out” for most) (18th Bell)
- Sidste is the last bell (22nd Bell), equivalent to midnight
- 1st Bell that coincides to 1 a.m. is Forst
Join Writers’ Ink Books email List
Receive news about the next Enclave book and WIB publications and our blog.
~ Writers Ink Writers ~
mysteries (Regency era and the 1920s)
fantasy in an alternate Renaissance world
& fantasies in an alternate medieval world
To prevent spamming, only one submission is permitted. Thank you for submitting.